If you are interested in iOS 14.8 – 14.8.1 Jailbreak, please refer to this. with the latest version of Checkra1n you can jailbreak iOS 14.8. But cannot be Downgrade or Upgrading to iOS 15.x and using SEP of iOS 15.1, 15.2…
Apple released iOS 14.8.1 & iPadOS 14.8.1 with bug fixing & improvements. This update comes a month after iOS 14.8 release for those who do not want to update their iPhone to iOS 15.
You can update your iPhone by going to the Settings app and selecting General and then selecting Software Update.
Table Of Content:
iOS 14.8 – 14.8.1 Jailbreak Status
The current situation is that the iOS 15 series cannot be jailbroken with Checkra1n. But fortunately, iOS 14 – iOS 14.8.1 can be jailbroken with Checkra1n.
Note* Please note that you need to enable the option " Allow untested iOS / iPadOS / tvOS versions " to remove the version limit.
iOS 14.8 Checkra1n Jailbreak Guide:
- Back up your device
- Download checkra1n from https://checkra.in/
- Open the downloaded file
- Move checkra1n.app to “Applications”
- Right-click checkra1n.app and select “Open”
- At the first startup, a warning will appear, but select “Open”
- Connect device to PC
- Select “Start”
- Select “Next” to enter recovery mode
- Follow the instructions to put the device into DFU mode ( device-specific methods / tips )
- It will run automatically and will be restarted.
- Wait for a while to complete
- If you say “All Done”, you’re done!
- Select installer
- open the checkra1n Loader app
- Tap the installer you want to install to install
Notes Jailbreaking and jailbreaking are dangerous acts, so please do it only if you can solve it by yourself no matter what happens. We do not take any responsibility for all the items introduced on this site. Please do everything at your own risk.
Features of checkra1n
- An app called checkra1n Loader that can install the installer is installed
- Cydia can be selected as the installer
- Substrate installed
- If you restart because of Semi-tethered, the jailbreak state will be released and Tweaks will not work in the restart state
- Re-jailing requires execution on PC
- Because of BootROM Exploit ( checkm8 ), it does not depend on the OS version.
*Although it does not depend on it, not all versions are supported because there are elements that need to be adjusted for each version.