Checkra1n Jailbreak is the most recent jailbreak for iPhones/iPads. There are usually vulnerabilities in the device’s software that are exploited. Checkra1n exploits a security flaw in the hardware of the phone.
This means that it can’t be fixed with a software update. Checkra1n can be used with the Apple A5 and Apple A11 devices. When the device is rebooted, the jailbreak will not work.
The device will come back to its original state after being rebooted. With time on their hands, determined users will have to run jailbreak every time they restart their device.
Checkra1n is the only way to permanently jailbreak iOS 12 and up. A semi-tethered Jailbreak is only available for iOS 14.6, iOS 14.7, iOS 14.7.1, iOS 14.8, and iOS 14.8.1 – running older iPhones and iPads.
How to Install Checkra1n Jailbreak:
To jailbreak, you’ll first need to know a few prerequisites:
- The tool is only supported for macOS and Linux at this time. Windows support is coming soon. but you can find unofficial working windows solutions at @zeejb.com
- This is an incredible tool for those who want to jailbreak their iDevices. You’ll need a computer to boot the device, but once it’s jailbroken, you’ll be able to install any app you want.
- The tool supports 64-bit A5-A11 devices from the iPhone 5s to the iPhone X. It does not support the iPad Air 2, iPad (5th generation), or the iPad Pro (1st generation).
- You need an iOS device running iOS 12.0 or later
- Cydia is installed by default. Other package managers may become optional in the future.
If you’re using iOS 14 or later, then you should read the following notes.
checkra1n jailbreak is now officially supported on A8, A8X, A9, A9X, A10, and A10X devices running iOS or iPadOS 14. This means you can jailbreak these devices without any strings attached and expect at least the same level of security that you’d have without the jailbreak.
Now time to jailbreak your device, so let’s get started!
How to jailbreak with checkra1n
Jailbreaking with checkra1n is easy. First, make sure you meet the requirements above, and then follow these steps:
- Plug your device into the PC using a Lightning cable.
- Download the Checkra1n jailbreak tool from the checkra.in the official website. Don’t download this jailbreak tool from anywhere else besides the official website, or else it may contain malware.
- Double-click the downloaded file and drag the checkra1n app into your Mac’s Applications folder:
- In the Applications folder, open the Checkra1n app. Right-click on it and select the Open option.
- If the checkra1n GUI opens and detects your device and firmware type, that’s great.
- Before you start, make sure your device is in recovery mode.
- In order to enable DFU mode, click on the Start button and follow the on-screen instructions for your particular device.
- Checkra1n begin exploiting and jailbreaking your device.
- If your iOS device now displays the checkra1n-themed verbose boot screen, please don’t disconnect it until after the jailbreak completes.
- After the jailbreak is finished, you can click the Done button to close the jailbreak app.
- You should now see the checkra1n loader app on the Home screen.
- Tap the Cydia icon, then tap the Install Cydia button that appears.
- The checkra1n loader will then download the base system and install Cydia.
- You should see an interface that looks like the following when you launch it:
How to Delete Checkrain Jailbreak:
Go to your home screen and open the Checkra1n app, then tap the Restore System button. You have to confirm your selection.
Your phone will restart. After your phone restarts, go back to your home screen and you will see the Checkrain app has been removed.
Checkra1n Jailbreak windows Guide – Without USB
Now windows OS users can install checkra1n Jailbreak without using a USB drive. After following this guide, your PC has a dual boot option to boot checkra1n jailbreak.
Step 01: Download Unetbootin.
Step 02: Download Checkra1n 0.12.4 Windows Checkn1x(1.1.7) Tool.
Step 03: Then run Unetbootin as Administrator
Step 04: Extract the downloaded Checkn1x zip file.
Step 05: Go back to UnetBootin and import the Checkn1x ISO file into it.
Step 06: After selecting the file you need to set Hard Disk instead of USB Drive on the “Type” section.
Step 07: Then click the ok button, now the ISO file will dual boot with windows.
Step 08: Now you need to restart your PC (This works well on MBR partition format)
Step 09: Now you will have a chance to choose an operating system to boot. Select UNEBootin then hit Enter.
Step 10: It will restart your device, after that you will see checkra1n welcome message.
Step 11: Press Alt+F2 to load chekra1n Jailbreak.
Step 12: Now follow on-screen instructions.After completing the installation. you will have a checkra1n app on your iPhone/iPad.
Step 13: Now enable the mobile data or wifi, then open the checkra1n app, then download Cydia.
Step 14: Congratulations now you will have the Cydia app store.
Checkra1n Jailbreak on Windows PC 2022
Checkrain for windows with GUI open-source hears if worried about viruses.
This tool was developed by @P3T3Ks using python language, with this tool you can use checkran files that can be used directly on Windows.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is Checkra1n?
Checkra1n is a jailbreak app designed to provide a high-quality semi-tethered jailbreak to all iPhone and iPad users. The checkrain tool works only on a Mac computer and is based on the checkm8 bootrom exploit.
How to Download Checkra1n?
The Checkra1n app can be downloaded from the links above. You’ll need an Apple computer to install the Checkrain jailbreak on your iPad or iPhone.
How to Use Checkra1n on Windows?
Checkra1n is not available for download in Windows OS. You’ll need an Apple computer to install Checkra1n. If you don’t have a Mac computer, we recommend that you download the Unc0ver Jailbreak app that installs directly on your phone.
If you want to install checkra1n on a windows PC, please refer to this checkra1n windows guide. (By zeejb team)
When will Checkra1n Windows be released?
There is no estimate for when the Windows PC version of Checkra1n will be released. If you’re a Windows user, we recommend using the AltStore app to install the Unc0ver IPA.
Is there any Checkra1n Alternative?
The top alternative for Checkra 1n is the Unc0ver app. The app can be used to jailbreak any version of the mobile operating system (below iOS 15).