Waiting a long time to install iOS 15 in its final and public version is over now. Apple has just given the button that makes this new version of the iPhone operating system available to anyone, as well as iPadOS 15 and watchOS 8 & tvOS15
iOS 15 brings us big Changes:
- Sharing video or music content via FaceTime or directly
- Sharing all things that happen’s on the screen(Screen Sharing).
- A new status profiles that allows you to not be distracted when something is busy.
- Summary notifications – that allow us to have an idea instantly and much more things.
How to download iOS 15?
Nearly always, this update is available in the Settings App, in the General → Software Update section. Depending on the number of users currently downloading iOS 15, you may be put on an automatic waiting list, but generally, within a few minutes, you can download and install the system.
Here we have a series of recommendations that will help you make sure that you have everything ready to update to iOS 15 without any problem. Remember that all iPhones from 6S onwards are compatible with iOS 15.
iOS 15 Supported Devices:
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone SE (2nd Gen)
- IPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- IPhone 12 pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
Here is the entire list of changes that Apple gives with iOS 15;
- Spatial audio makes people’s voices and sounds like they’re coming from the direction they are on the screen in Group FaceTime calls (iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, and later).
- Voice Isolation blocks out background noises.So your voice is loud and clear (iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, and later).
- Background sound mode includes all background noises in the call (iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR and later).
- Portrait mode blurs the background and focuses the focus on you (iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR and later).
- Grid view shows up to six people in Group FaceTime calls at the same time in tiles of the same size, highlighting the person speaking at every movement.
- FaceTime links allow you to invite other people to a FaceTime call; even those with Android or Windows devices can join from their browser. //
Messages and Memoji
- “Shared with you” displays content of the Messages conversations in a new section in the Photos, Safari, Apple News, Music, Apple Podcasts, or Apple TV apps which are sent by the other people to you.
- Pinned content displays the shared content of your choice at the top and highlights it in “Shared with you”, in the Messages search, and in the Conversation Details view.
- When multiple photos are sent via Messages, they are displayed as a collage.So you can see them all at a glance or as a stack that you can flip through.
- More than 40 clothing options for Memoji and up to three different colors to customize the clothes and accessories for the head of your Memoji stickers.
- Concentration allows you to automatically filter notifications based on your actions at all times; For example, if you exercise, rest, play video games, read, drive, work, or are enjoying your free time.
- Focus uses local device intelligence during setup to suggest apps and people from whom you may want to allow notifications during a focus mode.
- The home screen pages can be customized so that your apps and widgets adapt to a specific mode of concentration.
- Contextual Suggestions intelligently recommend a mode of concentration based on the context you are in, using things like your location or time of day.
- Your status is shown to your contacts in Messages conversations, indicating that your notifications are muted by a focus mode.
- A new layout shows contact photos for people and larger icons for apps.
- The notification summary provides a useful compilation of your notifications on a daily basis, according to the schedule you have defined.
- Notifications from any app or message thread can be muted for the next hour or for the whole day.
- Detailed city maps show elevation, trees, buildings, landmarks, crosswalks, and turn lanes, as well as 3D views for traversing complex intersections and more detail in San Francisco Bay, Los Angeles , New York and London, plus other cities to be added in the future (iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR and later).
- New driving features include a new map that highlights details such as traffic and incidents, as well as a route planner that lets you visualize your next trip by choosing a future departure or arrival time.
- The immersive walking route shows you turn-by-turn directions in augmented reality (iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR and later).
- The updated public transport experience allows you to view exits near you with a single touch, facilitates interaction with the route with one hand, and alerts you when you are approaching your destination.
- The interactive 3D globe shows enhanced details of mountain ranges, deserts, forests, oceans and much more (iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR and later).
- With a completely new design, the information cards make it easier to obtain the data from the sites and interact with them. In addition, in the new Guides location, you can find an editorial selection of recommendations for places that you love.
- The lower tab bar is more accessible and helps you navigate between tabs by swiping left or right.
- Tab groups help you to save and organize your tabs and easily access them between your devices.
- The tab overview grid shows your open tabs.
- The main page can be personalized with a background image and new sections such as “Privacy Report”, “Siri Suggestions” and “Shared with you”.
- IOS web extensions can be downloaded from the App Store and help you to customize your browsing.
- Voice Search allows you to search the internet with your voice.
- House keys allow you to unlock the compatible lock of a house or apartment by touching the reader with the device (iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR and later).
- Hotel keys allow you to open your room in certain hotels by touching the reader with the device.
- The office keys allow you to unlock the door of certain corporate offices by touching the reader with the device.
- Ultra-wideband car keys help you to unlock, lock, and start a compatible car without removing your iPhone from your bag or pocket (iPhone 11 and iPhone 12 models).
- Your car’s remote keyless access features allow you to lock, unlock, honk, turn on the heat, or open the trunk of a compatible vehicle.
- Live text allows you to interact with the text of your photos, so you can copy and paste text, search for it and translate it in Photos, Capture, Quick View, Safari and in live previews with the Camera app (iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max , iPhone XR and later).
- Live text data detectors recognize in photos phone numbers, emails, dates, addresses and much more data that you can interact with.
- Live text is available from the keyboard and allows you to directly insert text from the camera viewer into any text field.
- The detailed results bring together all the information you are looking for about contacts, actors, musicians, movies and TV shows etc.
- You can search for photos in the library by location, people, scenes, text in the photos, or other details in the photos, such as a dog or a car.
- Internet Image Search allows you to search for images of people, animals, monuments, and much more.
- New Memories design, with an interactive interface, animated cards with intelligent and adaptive titles, new styles of animations and transitions and collages of several images.
- If you have an Apple Music subscription, you can add Apple Music to your memories and get personalized song suggestions that combine expert recommendations with your music tastes and the content of your photos and videos.
- Memory Mixes allow you to select from a lot of different songs and a matching filter to create a certain atmosphere.
- New types of souvenirs include international holidays, child-centered memories, time trends, and enhanced pet memories.
- The info panel now displays detailed data about the photo, such as camera and lens, shutter speed, file size, and much more.
- The Share feature lets you select health data, alerts, and trends to share with those who matter most to you.
- Trends allow you to see how a certain health parameter is progressing and can alert you if a new trend is detected.
- Walking stability is a new parameter that can assess your risk of falling and warn you if your stability is low (iPhone 8 and later).
- Verifiable medical history allows you to download and store verifiable versions of your COVID-19 vaccine and lab results.
- A new design shows the most important weather information for each location and includes new map modules.
- Weather maps can be viewed full screen and show precipitation, temperature and air quality data for selected countries.
- Rainfall notifications in the next hour let you know if it is going to start or stop raining or snowing in Ireland, the United Kingdom and the United States.
- The new animated backgrounds more accurately represent the position of the sun, clouds, and precipitation (iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR and later).
- On-device processing prevents the audio from your requests from leaving the device by default and allows Siri to process many offline requests (iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, and later).
- Sharing items with Siri allows you to send on-screen items (such as photos, web pages, and Maps locations) to any of your contacts.
- Siri can use the on-screen context to refer to contacts on the screen to send them a message or make a call.
- On-device personalization allows you to privately enhance Siri speech recognition (iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, and later).
- Mail’s privacy protection protects your privacy by preventing email senders from knowing about your Mail activity, your IP address, or whether you have opened their email.
- Safari’s smart anti-tracking system now also prevents known trackers from obtaining information about you using your IP address.
- iCloud + is a subscription service in the cloud that provides exclusive features and additional storage in iCloud.
- The iCloud private relay (beta) sends your requests through two different internet relays and encrypts the internet traffic coming out of your device, so you can browse with Safari in a more secure and private way.
- The “Hide my email” feature allows you to create unique and random email addresses with forwarding to your personal mailbox, so you can send and receive email without having to provide your real email address.
- HomeKit Protected Video lets you connect more security cameras without using your iCloud storage quota.
- Custom Email Domain allows you to customize your iCloud Mail address and invite family members to use the same domain.
- Exploring images with VoiceOver allows you to get even more details about people and objects, as well as information about the text and table data that appear in photos.
- VoiceOver image descriptions in Dialing allow you to add your own descriptions that VoiceOver can read.
- Per app settings allow you to customize display and text size settings for only the apps you want.
- Background sounds continuously reproduce pink, white, or brown noise or background ocean, rain, or stream sounds to mask unwanted external or environmental noise.
- Button control sound actions let you control the iPhone with simple mouth sounds.
- Audiograms can be imported into Settings to customize the headphone settings based on the results of your hearing tests.
- New voice control languages: Mandarin Chinese (Mainland China), Cantonese (Hong Kong), French (France) and German (Germany).
- Options for Memoji now include a cochlear implant, oxygen tubes, or a headgear.
This release also includes other features and enhancements:
- Tags in Notes and Reminders help quickly sort items for easy finding. Plus, you can use smart lists and custom smart folders to automatically collect your notes and reminders based on the rules you define.
- Mentions in Notes let you notify others of important updates in shared notes, and the new Activity view shows all recent changes to a note in a single list.
- Spatial audio with dynamic head tracking in Apple Music provides an even more immersive experience with music in Dolby Atmos format with AirPods Pro and AirPods Max.
- The system-wide built-in translation feature lets you select text across the system and translate it with one tap, even in photos.
- New widgets for Search, Contacts, App Store, Sleep, Game Center and Mail.
- The drag and drop function between apps allows you to exchange images, documents and files between one app and another.
- The magnifying glass on the keyboard enlarges the text when you move the cursor.
- You can select one or more people you trust as recovery contacts for your Apple ID account to help you reset your password and regain access to your account.
- Temporary iCloud storage gives you all the iCloud storage you need to create a temporary backup of your data for free for up to three weeks when you buy a new device.
- Search separation notices notify you if you have forgotten a compatible device or item, and Search will give you directions to the location of the item.
- You can save up to the last 15 seconds of a game with game controllers, such as the Xbox Series X | S Wireless Controllers or Sony PS5 DualSense ™.
- Events within App Store apps help you discover events in apps and games, such as a tournament, a new movie premiere, or a live stream.
- Now you can select the treatment in the “Language and region” settings as female, male or neutral.
This version includes even more features and improvements. For more information, visit this website: https://www.apple.com/es/ios/ios-15/features/For information about the security content of Apple software updates, visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
Image Source: Apple.com
Also, check out:
iOS 15: How to enable auto-translation
How you define “Trusted Contacts” – iOS 15
What is Jailbreak, Types Of Jailbreak